CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

What separation of church and state?

So Mason comes home the other day with a sticker on his shirt. He is so excited to show it to me and tell me how he got it, here is how it went. "Mom, guess how I got this sticker?" Me: "I couldn't you'll just have to tell me." Mason: "We were talking about the three boats and how they came to the island. (Boats=Nina, Pinta, Santa Maria. Island=Americas) and when my teacher asked who it was that drove the boats, I said it was Jesus. She gave me a sticker for saying Jesus drove the boats to the island!"  I tend to thing that the sticker was a result of good old fashioned children's hilarity. And although it warms my heart to know that Mason is being spiritually minded, may he keep it forever, for it is life eternal. I have a feeling that it may take many Columbus Day celebrations before he is willing to renounce Jesus' physical discovery of the America's. Not to say there wasn't divine intervention, but the whole separation of church and state thing may make the teaching that Jesus discovered the America's problematic. Ah, the innocence of youth, if only we could keep that forever too!


4 comments:

Wilde Things said...

Very cute . . . kids are precious. You got to love 'em.

Heather said...

I love it. What a cutie. You must be doing something right.

Anonymous said...

That is funny. I am glad that he sees nothing of bringing up Jesus at church! Oh, if they could only stay so innocent!

*WhitDawg* said...

I LOVE MASON!

He is a genius.