CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hot Fun in the Summertime

Not that you'd know it with the temperature as of late (90's+) but the summer that we celebrate around here, the one where there's no school, no schedule, no homework, no packing lunches, no constant barrage of soccer practices and games, and a time for being able to take vacations, is officially over. Now its back to that routine that we call daily life, we are not however moving on empty handed. We leave behind this thing called summer with some very fond memories.......

(From most recent back, because those things are more fresh in my mind)


Happy Birthday to ME! Well actually my birthday is in June, but for my birthday this year, after playing the "its my birthday" and "this is all I want" card, Darren consented to take me to a Dierks Bentley concert (hence the new playlist) which happened to be just last night. It was so much fun, and our friend Ryan even chipped in by offering us his brand new Audi S4 as our date night car for the long (ish) drive out to where the concert was held. I love Dierks, and he was AMAZING, which I expected he would be. All in all one of the best birthday presents ever and easily one of the best nights ever!
Two weekends ago we had our ward campout, which is always a great time. We usually spend it at the beach which is an added bonus. This year we even brought our bikes and did a nice, fun ride together.
We also spent quite a few days at any number of the many parks around town this summer. We always have a hair-raising good time on the slide!
The beginning of August ushered in our girls camp for this year, which quite possibly could have been my all time favorite girls camp ever (my youth included). I love these amazing ladies I get to work with in YW, we have the best time together. We laugh harder and make bigger fools of ourselves than I can sometimes believe myself. But we ALWAYS have so much fun. We put this camp on all by ourselves this year and it really was a huge success. Better yet, much to Shaunas disbelief, we still like each other after the whole thing is over, and I think the girls had as much fun as we did.


Next Ill be posting about the family reunion down in San Diego, but first I need to steal pictures from someone as I didnt take any. Then its off to Hawaii. Stay tuned and come see us again soon!!

0 comments: