CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

To bowl or not to bowl. There is no question.


So I have done a little maintenance on the old blog. You like? I decided it needed to be a little more representative of me and for those of you who don't know, I am a bowler. I belong to a league and we bowl every week. LOVE IT. Last season my partner and I were in first place the whole season then lost it by one game the last week. It was horribly deflating, but here we are for another season in first place again. Wish us luck.  I am also a bi-weekly basketball player. We have a group of women in this awesome stake I live in who get together twice a week to, as they say, hoop it up. (surely someone must say that). Those are just some of the highlights of my week. I have been told I do seem to do a lot of things just for myself, and that may be true, but my kids are always my #1 priority and the very greatest highlight of my life. A few short activities a week does wonders for my social life and self esteem to say nothing of my sanity!  
But really the reason I am blogging on this the 3rd day of July is to give a big shout out to my sister J. She is 35 today!! Happy Birthday J, we love you tons and wish we could be there with you on your day. We will see you in 2 weeks though, save us some cake. 

2 comments:

C and C Beecher said...

yea!!! your blog is great! thanks for inviting us to read so we can keep in touch with you guys. i'm so glad i got to see you & play some ball. maybe i'll travel with chris when he goes to simi next time. : )

Wilde Things said...

Bowling and basketball, how fun! My sister Emily got a bowling ball for her birthday this year and is thinking of starting up in a league too. I'm glad you get to do so many fun things and I wish the ladies in our stake would play basketball--I have played a good game (in which I haven't cheated against Travis) since the good ole' 24th Ward days.