CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What a week


Well we just returned home from a week in Utah, few. There was a lot that happened but it was really great to see everyone and just enjoy being there. The kids and I drove up on Tuesday, spent a few days at my parents house then headed up to Bear Lake for the Family Reunion.We had a great time hanging out with my aunts, uncles and cousins. They are hilarious! Then on the drive home from the lake we decided to visit the rest of my grandparents, Riley was so excited she puked, twice. OK it really wasnt excitement, she was sick. So we slowly made our way back to my parents to get some much needed rest. Then seeing how sharing my sweet daughter is I ended up sick a day later, but I will say nothing beats being sick at your mommy's house. She took such good care of me and the kids it was like before you have kids when you can actually lay in bed and just be sick. Thanks Mom, you are the best, I owe you.


But none of this could compare to the worst part of the week, I found out while we were gone that a very sweet friend of mine from basketball passed away on Sunday. She was such an amazing woman, mother and wife. She has 4 beautiful children ages 15m, 3, 6, and 8. My heart is broken over her families loss! She will be sorely missed and forever a reminder of how we each should live our lives. We love you Ginger!!! 
So today give your husbands, wives, and kids an extra kiss and know that you have been a blessing in my life, and all those around you. 

"On the other side of the veil, there are perhaps seventy billion people. They need the same gospel, and releases occur here to aid the Lord's work there. Each release of  a righteous individual from this life is also a call to new labors. Those who have true hope understand this. Therefore, though we miss the departed righteous so much here, hundreds may feel their touch there. One day, those hundreds will thank the bereaved for gracefully forgoing the extended association with choice individuals here, in order that they could help hundreds there. In God's ecology, talent and love are never wasted." 
Elder Neil A Maxwell




1 comments:

C and C Beecher said...

Hi Laura. So sad about Ginger. I can't stop thinking about her & the basketball group. I hope you ladies are hanging in there. I know tomorrow will be a tough day with the funeral. I'm going to copy Ginger's family picture from your blog & share on my blog if you don't mind. I'm glad you had such a great photo of her & her family. Thank you for your thoughts. Love ya!