Would you look at me....2 posts in 3 days, sometimes I amaze even myself. But this post will not be a travelog like most of my others, I really should branch out. This post is a Im-taking-the-plunge-and-keeping-myself-accountable-to-all-of-you post. I have officially purchased my last pack of diapers and my first pack of pretty pink princess underwear. There are blankets covering every inch of carpet in the house, and Im trying to confine Riley to whatever room is closest to the bathroom. I have fully accepted that nothing else will get done this weekend as we do our 20 min off 5 on routine, but lets hope this is a success and it will not be a weekend wasted. It may be wishful thinking that we get any progress done over the weekend, but can I say potty training my boys was an absolute dream. From beginning to end the process was one week, one week and we were RELATIVELY accident free (not totally because what kid ever is) but none the less, they were great. That, and I have never in my 2 kids potty trained ever purchased a pack of "pull ups". Like I said these boys were fantastic. So are there any of you out there who have potty trained both boys and girls and can give me any hopes that this girl will be as easy as my boys? Or am I in for the long haul and have my work cut out for me?
The crazy thing is that when you have a 7 and a 5 year old and no newborn to remind you how little babies can be, a 2 year old still seems so young. But its time, Im ready, hopefully she's ready and seriously is there anything cuter than a tiny 2 year old butt in little pink underwear, I ask you?



3 comments:
I have to say I think boys are twice as easy to potty train than girls. Boys are usually older so maybe that is the difference. However, I think Riley will be a piece of cake if she is anything like the terriffic Spencer and Mason.
At the very least she is adorable in her underwear! Good luck :)
You are amazing to have conquered potty training so quickly with the boys. Ryker wanted it-but he wanted to change his own diapers during the process and we would find treats all over his room (if you know what I mean). I dread the whole potty training thing and think it is great that you have had so much success. I find it the worst experience as a parent. You must be a better teacher than I. I am sure Riley will do a great job like. Best of Luck. Congrats on the lack of diapers-I am about to embark on buying them again come summer. UGGGGH
Post a Comment