CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Like a kid loves candy and fresh snow

I hesitated admitting to all you Utahans out there reading my blog (the two of you) that we were in town this month, because the odds are we didn't get a chance to see you this trip. But there is really no need to take it personal, it was a short trip much of which was spent in Park City, Darren had a conference up there to get his CME's, so we joined him for some fun in the snow. We spent the first day with my parents in Salem for some foosball, ping pong, sledding, and fort building. The ping pong win goes to me, but as you can clearly see by the pictures Dad wins the sledding match. Maybe even two points for this one.



Spencer and Mason had their first go at skiing that weekend as well. By the end of the day they were pro's thanks to their own personal ski instructor Dad. 
And just like that, they all out ski me.
After a day of skiing they were ready to try some of the ski jumps at the Olympic Park, or maybe just some bobsledding. Not a bad looking team, right? Vancouver 2010 here we come.
We got in some practice with the torch running too. 
Although Im not sure if Riley's holding the torch or its holding her?
We also got to celebrate my little baby's second birthday in Utah. How amazingly cute is she? I love this little girl so much, she is more fun that I could imagine, and keeps me laughing all day. She is a little chatter box these days and it is the cutest thing when you can figure out what she is saying. My personal favorite, when you tell her "no" to anything she gives you an "Oh man!", its hilarious and I end up giving her whatever she wants anyway. Mom's a sucker what can I say. But who wouldn't be for this sweet thing, she has such a personality and with two older brothers has learned how to fight for what she wants. And has also learned that she has all the men in this house wrapped around her finger tighter than most. They would do anything for her and she milks it for all its worth, (at least she's learning something from her mom). I love my little Riley girl, and it was fun to celebrate her birthday with some of my fam. Thanks guys!
Ok, and now, seriously, we are done with the vacations for a while. The kids have already missed too much school, Darren has missed too much work and I have missed too much bowling, and basketball. It was a sacrifice for all of us, but a fantastic trip to the old home state all the same. It was incredibly great to see those of you we did get to see, and the rest of you, sorry, next trip I promise. (or you could always come to Cali?!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I am so glad you are back. I missed you, as you could tell by my frantic emails!Ü I am glad you had fun. That is the cutest pic of Riley that I have ever seen! She is beautiful!

Robert and Natalie said...

you just had her is she really two? what happened to all that time? looks like lots of fun I need to take the kids to the snow again :)

Wilde Things said...

She is a doll!
And your trip to Utah looks so fun! Either the pictures are deceiving or else you got a couple of warm days . . . I think it is so cold, my kids haven't even been playing in the snow lately.
And I'm just like you, Tyler has far surpassed my skiing abilities . . . oh well. I'm still better at 'laying out' on the beach.

Heather said...

Looks like a good time for the family. What a fun birthday to spend with family. Lucky girl, having so many willing to do as she wishes. Love it. For some reason I feel a need to comment on every post. I am just loving them.