CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

40 is the new 30


For Darren's 40th birthday I stole Jamie's idea and came up with 40 things (among thousands)
I love about Darren. Here they are (in no particular order).
1. He is clean (I promise they are in no particular order)
2. He is always willing to help
3. He loves his Wife and kids (if there were an order this would be #1)
4. He is very supportive
5. He honors his Priesthood
6. He loves to be social
7. He will eat whatever I make for him (even if it takes 10 drinks to wash it down)
8. He will eat Ramen and Mac & Cheese (see #7)
9. He loves to do anything if its with his family
10. With the exception being cars, he can fix anything
11. He loves to play just about any sport, he says he better at some than others, I think he's being modest
12. He loves to wrestle with his boys, and they love it just as much.
13. He is a sucker for his girls, and we love that too.
14. He is quite possibly the smartest person I know.
15. He is incredibly good at his job, I worked with him a while back so I know first hand.
16. He is also incredibly good at his calling, probably the reason he's been doing it so long.
17. He would do anything for anyone, just ask.
18. He loves his parents, its always his idea to stop over for a quick visit.
19. He also loves his siblings, it is so important for him to visit them as often as possible too.
20. He is the king of useless trivia and facts. (but its great at parties)
21. He will always call it exactly how he sees it, which is really great for clothes shopping.
22. He is not easily offended, something I'm trying to learn.
23. He is a fantastic teacher, and knows how to explain it so it just makes sense.
24. He is incredibly insightful. He is great to go to with any question, he'll know just what to say.
25. He loves to have fun and joke around but,
26. He knows when its time to take things seriously.
27. He is very forgiving, which comes in handy for all my faults.
28. He is also very understanding.
29. I love how involved he is in my life and our kids lives.
30. And, He is not only involved, but hands on. 
31. He will rock- paper- scissors me for a diaper change, and be a good sport if he loses.
32. He is not in the least bit shy, and loves to meet new people.
33. He is very confident, but at the same time...
34. He is also humble.
35. He knows what he likes, but.... 
36. He is always up for new things. 
37. He is very spiritually minded and those things always come so easy to him.
38. He is responsible which again is handy because a lot of the time I am not.
39. He is so darn cute, and sweet, and handsome, and fun, and good looking, and amazing, and hot, and incredible, and gorgeous....well you get the point. 
40. He is a million other things and reasons why I love him, but there are still more birthdays to celebrate so we can't give them all away now. 

Happy Birthday Darren, I love you so much and am so thankful for you in my life, you are such a blessing to me, and more than I deserve. Thank you for being the most amazing husband, father and friend anyone could ever imagine, you are the greatest. I want you to have the best 40th birthday ever, so.......................................Let's go car shopping! 

5 comments:

Amy said...

What kind of car does he want??? I loved reading your list.

Anonymous said...

I love lists! You did a fabulous job. Happy Birthday Darren! I think Darren and Brett would get along great!

Unknown said...

We all know you're really just hoping that 30 is the new 20.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to a pretty great brother-in-law. Thanks for taking care of Little Laura and those really adorable kids you have and thanks for hitting 40 and making it look good and easy so I can be prepared when it happens to me.

C and C Beecher said...

happy belated birthday darren! ; )
chris turns the new 30 in september. i hope it means a new car for us.
laura...it was awesome playing ball with you the other day. you were THE STAR lady!!! the bagels were delish. THANK YOU! i went & bought some of that hazlenut cream cheese & cinnamon crunch bagels for our road trip home. can't wait to come visit again.