Well I'm sure you will all be sad to know that Janet and I lost first place by half a game, and the trophy's were pretty cool this year too. Oh well, I imagine there are more important things than winning bowling trophy's (I'm still trying to figure out what) and I love it all the same. Janet and I always have the best time together, I will miss her so much next season as she goes off to nursing school, ah how quickly they grow. But I have been fortunate enough to recruit another wonderful friend to play with me. And so another great season begins.
I had to throw this next picture in because it struck me as funny that even with this huge group of kids, this is not even half of the grandkids in Darren's family. So double the amount of kids in this picture and you will have an idea of the mass chaos when the whole family actually gets together. Its pretty rare that we actually get all 9 Camp/Payne kids together but when we do just imagine the raucous party that ensues. You gotta love big families right?
Well, it is now days until school starts up again, and the kids are so excited. What I'm not really sure of is if they are excited because of school or because the summer is over and that means they can play wii again. I decided last April that we were going to take a hiatus from the wii this summer, I figured there has to be better things to do with our summer right? I refuse to believe we bought a house with a yard for nothing. And so ever since I hid the wii games Mason has been asking, "Mom, when is summer going to be over?" He has not however been pining away the last few months, they have been forced to find other things to do, and I think they have had a good time. So at the surface I may seem to be the worlds meanest mom, and although sometimes I DO deserve that title, I think a video game free summer has been a tradition I may keep in the years to come. SSHH, dont tell my kids, they may never look forward to summers again. Ah mmooomm!



3 comments:
I tried something similar this summer, basically a bribe if they laid off the video games and the TV, but it did not go over very well. Maybe next year I will just revert to your system. Yeah, I like it.
Laura, I love this idea. It makes me not feel so bad that we don't own any type of game system! Ü
Brett said he had fun sitting with you last night at the pointless soccer meeting. For him to make it a point to tell me that you are a cool girl was big for him! Thanks for making it bearable!
You must be Darrin's wife. Hi! My name is Jill Woolsey-Knapp. I grew up with the Paynes and went to church and school with Darrin. I found your blog page on someones page only I can't remember who's it was. Anyway, It's so nice to see your family. Please tell Darrin Hello. We have a Mason also. He is 10.
Take Care,
Jill
Post a Comment