Wow did we have fun this last week! A little crazy for mom but so great. Three of Darren's siblings came into town this last week from Georgia, Oregon, and Michigan. It was so great to see them all and have Sherrie and her kids stay with us. We got everyone together as much as we could in the form of swimming, going to Zuma (our favorite local beach), or just hanging with the kids. I personally have a serious love-hate relationship with the beach. It is great to just let the kids play, play, play all day and they are so worn out by the end of the day it makes for an easy evening. But my hate for the beach is that it is so SANDY. My kids are so gross when we are done that it is all I can do to let them in the car. And as you can see, Riley loves to eat it and that always makes for a fun little surprise in the days that follow! ;-) But in the END there is nothing quite like it. (pun totally intended)!
Another fun day trip we took was to the Skirball Center in LA. They have this great exhibit called Noah's Ark that is totally hands on for the kids. What a blast, and not one grain of sand. You can play on everything, touch everything, climb all over, and make a picture to take home. A great way to waste a day.



2 comments:
So glad I found your blog!! With these busy days we have had lately it's nice to be able to feel like I'm a little more part of the loop. :P
I love your way of thinking. The sand isn't fun at the beach but always worth it! I am glad you had such a good time with your family! I am hoping to see you back a bball soon! Ü
Post a Comment